Pages

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Blood Sugar

Wow, today was scary. I was at the bus stop and it was really sunny and the bus was taking forever. Out of nowhere, I started getting that weary feeling, and things started to go out of focus. You know how on the actual bus stop, they have a bus timetable? I kept focusing on "5-10 minutes" and after a few seconds, I could barely make out the letters. I was terrified. A man asked me if I was alright, and I said that yes, I was fine. He walked off, obviously. And after that, things became worse. It felt as if I was underwater, and noise became distorted. I had to take my bag off my shoulder, but I still had a sociology textbook in my hand. I tried to balance it somehow, so I could clench my head. I have no idea why I didn't just fucking put it on the floor. Ok...I don't like putting textbooks on the floor/in dirty places. I just feel it's wrong. So, this girl must have seen me trying to do so, and she came up to me and just took the book out of my hands and asked me what was wrong. I was feeling too crap to even feel embarrassed, so I just told her if she could carry my textbook...after she'd already taken it off me. lol, I have zero idea what I said to her. I had a bottle of Lucozade in my bag, because my sister told me to make sure I had something on me. Thank goodness for it, thank goodness for her. It saved me. I took two sips, and after a while things became clearer.
I sat an exam with Lucozade inside of me. And it was a two hour long exam, plus the journey home took another hour. I'm currently eating 2 Go Ahead bars, and I'll purge that until acid/blood comes up, but the Lucozade is most likely long gone.
I feel like shit, but it saved me.
The girl, wow she was lovely. The bus arrived about two minutes afterwards, and she sat next to me to make sure I'd be alright. I'd assumed she was in her twenties, but she turned out to be sixteen! She asked me if I was on my way to an exam, and wished me luck. I asked her what she was up to, and she said she was on her way to college, too. I was shocked, but not as shocked as I was when she told me she was in her first year. Wow. Haha, she was all "wow, you look younger than me!". Honestly, I feel so lucky. Even though she didn't do much, it helped a lot just having someone there.
This has happened many times before, but usually it happens when I'm on the bus or inside, so I just go outside and get some air. 
The exam went fine.
Results will tell.
All that jazz.

Tomorrow- English
Thursday- HSC.

Hope everyone is safe.

2 comments:

  1. That is so scary! I'm glad there was a friendly stranger to help you out and that your exam still went well. Please be careful. <3 Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, that's no good Muz-bear... maybe you should invest in some of the lucozade sport lite's? If the proper stuff makes you anxious as a back up for something to keep down seeing as though it really helped this time. Anyway, you'd better look after yourself, cause after your exams we're gonna work out when I'm coming to London and what we're doing. xxx

    ReplyDelete